ACNE SCARS. TYPES. TREATMENT
Do you regret not taking proper care of acne when you should have?
Has it resulted in acne scars now?
You must be going through the dilemma of whether to get an acne scar treatment or not.
The decision will be easier to make after you read this article.
Because this article suggests you best treatments from the clinic of the best dermatologist in Ahmedabad.
How long do you plan to go through the same thoughts of being self-conscious every day?
If you have an intention to make yourself better, taking an action on it is necessary.
Because these scars will stay with you for your life.
It’s upon you, whether you want to live with them or not.
But, if you don’t want to live with it, you don’t have to.
So, you do you.
With the help of one of the best skin specialists in Ahmedabad, Opulence Dermatology & Aesthetics will empower you with an acne scar treatment so you fall in love with yourself again.
What are Acne Scars?
Inflamed blemishes created by skin pores clogged with excess oil, dead skin cells, and bacteria most commonly lead to acne scars.
The pore swells, creating a follicular wall breaking.
Pimples that are only a few millimeters deep in the layers of skin are usually small and can heal fast.
Infected material can pour out into adjacent tissue if there is a severe rupture in the pore wall, causing deeper lesions.
By generating new collagen fibers, the skin attempts to fix these lesions.
Just like we fix broken vases with strong glue.
As you know these repairs cannot give a look to the vases like they used to be original.
In the same way, our skin doesn’t stay smooth the way it was resulting in irregular acne scars.
These irregular acne scars are divided into two main types.
What are the Types of Acne Scars?
- Atrophic Scars
When there is a loss of tissue and the body fails to produce sufficient collagen atrophic scars are formed.
There are three types of Atrophic Scars:
– Icepick Scars are deep and narrow scars, like the shape of an ice pick. They go all the way to the dermis.
– Boxcar Scars are depressions that are quite wide. The shape is commonly circular or oval, with steeply inclined sides.
– Rolling Scars are wavy depressions that make the skin look rough and uneven.
- Hypertrophic or Keloid Scars
When the body makes too much collagen as acne wounds heal, the outcome is a mass of elevated tissue on the skin’s surface, which is known as a scar.
The effect of these types of scars varies from person to person.
But there is a high risk of getting the scars if:
- The person has inflammatory, deep red, and painful acne,
- There is a lot of delay in treating severe acne,
- Acne is picked, squeezed, or popped,
- If acne scars are experienced by someone in the family(genetics).
If you have already made these mistakes or have been affected by acne scars genetically, it’s not late yet.
And that is why you are reading this blog, right?
To determine the cost of acne scars so you could get them treated soon.
So now that you have learned about your scars, we’ll take a look at the acne scar treatment and its cost.
What is the Cost of Acne Scar Treatment?
The cost of acne scar treatment is based on the severity of it which also determines the type of treatment you will need.
These treatments can be divided into three grades:
Grade 1 (Mild acne scar treatment) starts from ₹20,000 onwards.
- Nd: YAG Laser – The crystal Nd: YAG (neodymium-doped yttrium aluminum garnet) is utilized as the laser medium in solid-state lasers.
These lasers function by generating a wavelength of high-energy light that creates heat and destroys sick cells when focused on acne scars
- CO2 Laser – It removes the thin, outer layers of damaged skin using short-pulsed light energy or ultra pulse that is continually blasted through a scanning pattern.
The process then initiates the formation of several microthermal zones that go deep into the skin after the dead skin cells have been removed.
It can activate your body’s natural healing mechanism and increase collagen formation in this way. This eventually results in the replacement of old, damaged cells with new and fresh clear skin.
- Radiofrequency (RF) – Radiofrequency produces heat and stimulates collagen and elastin formation by heating the skin’s deeper layers.
This promotes cell turnover, making skin appear tighter, thicker, and healthier.
The devices employed can use a variety of technologies and different wavelengths per second, but the way they work will remain the same.
- TCA Peel – TCA peels are a type of chemical peel.
Chemical peels are a type of skin treatment that uses various strengths and combinations of harmless acid components to exfoliate your skin.
This removes the top layer of your skin or the dead cells which promotes new cell growth and the new skin that emerges is smoother and less scarred.
Grade 2 (Moderate acne scar treatment) starts from ₹40,000 onwards.
- All the above treatments used for mild acne scars can be used for moderate acne scars.
- Microneedling Radiofrequency (MNRF) – This procedure uses small sterile needles to generate microscopic incisions in the dermis.
This is done at various predefined depths like acne scars, without damaging the epidermis.
The direct heating of the dermis caused by the administration of Radiofrequency energy through needles results in new collagen synthesis and subsequent dermal thickening.
Grade 3 (Severe acne scar treatment) starts from ₹60,000 onwards.
- Punch Graft – A procedure in which a doctor punches a hole in the skin, removes the scar, and replaces it with a plug of new skin.
The plugged skin is withdrawn from the earlobe’s back, and then the procedure is combined with a skin resurfacing technique to give smoother skin.
- Excision – The dermatologist uses this technique to cut into the skin, remove the acne scar, and stitch up the wound.
Resurfacing technique is then used to flatten the skin.
- Fat Grafting – Fat cells are extracted from a part of your body which is also called the donor area.
The donor area needs to have fatty tissue.
Then they’re injected directly into the scars to balance out the texture and make them look smoother.
- Subcision – In this technique, a needle is used to cut apart fibrous bands that pull scar tissue down into the lower parts of your skin.
This treatment raises a depressed scar while simultaneously causing collagen to be secreted at the needle insertion site.
The skin is released so that it can resurface and lay flat naturally.
- Grade 3 treatments can be combined with different techniques mentioned in Grade 1 and 2 to resurface the layer of the skin.
When you looked at the prices, did you wonder what determines these costs?
These costs are carefully designed based on some factors.
So let’s see the factors that lead to this cost:
- Geographical location
Because of the demographics, the location of the therapy plays a significant impact in deciding the cost of treatment.
The cost of therapy may differ from one neighborhood to the next within a city.
- Time and effort
If your treatment area is larger more time and effort are needed to be employed to treat it.
- The treatment area
The larger the treatment area, the more time and effort will be utilized ultimately leading to a rise in the cost.
- Quality and brand
If the technology employed and the brand ensures an exceptional quality of the product used, the benefits of the treatment will come at a cost.
The brand’s and technology’s quality is directly linked to how long they can endure and how safe they are.
- Reputation and experience of the dermatologist
A dermatologist’s time, experience, qualifications, and skill are all incorporated into a therapy, which leads to an addition in the cost of the treatment.
A Word From Opulence Dermatology & Aesthetics…
Some accept their acne scars and some don’t.
And that is a perfectly fine feeling to feel.
And if you don’t accept them, you have a chance to discard them from your life.
Going through puberty, you faced a lot of bullying, didn’t you?
Living those days again might be painful sometimes.
And that is where you can get an acne scar treatment and start fresh like you wanted to.
So, if you are looking for a dermatologist who can give you satisfying results, but you are having difficulty finding one, we have all the answers to your questions covered here.
And if you are ready for an acne scar treatment, book a consultation today.
One reply on “WHAT IS THE COST OF ACNE SCAR TREATMENT?”